Saturday, September 4, 2010

How many is too many?

I have a problem.  There I've said it.

I don't know when is the right time to throw away shoes.  Is it when you get a similar pair?  When they haven't been worn in a year?  When you can't tell what color they are because of the dust? 
When you combine this problem with a compusion to buy running shoes this makes for a crowded closet.

Today I entered my closet on a mission.  It was hard, but I needed to vote some shoes out of the collection. 

This is the problem

So I managed to eliminate 6 pairs of shoes and one that didn't even have a match.  I don't even know how that happens.  I've lost plenty of socks, but how exactly do you lose an entire shoe?

With all my "keepers" back in a freshly vacuumed closet, I feel so much better.  My day will no longer start by stumbling over and kicking shoes in the morning darkness.