Friday, September 3, 2010

Nothing to do... Everything to do

I spent some time wondering if a first post on a blog should be some special topic.  I couldn't figure out why it needed to be special so I'll go with random instead.
Sampson providing nap support, and yes that is the tip of his tongue hanging out.

I happen to be in the middle of changing jobs currently and that means I need to hand over all the information to the folks who will be assuming responsibility at my old job.  Well, my only meeting today got cancelled.  So I have "nothing to do".   On the way home I had to drop off my passport because I've been scheduled for a trip to Asia in a couple weeks.  As I continued to drive home I was thinking of all the things I could do with my free day.  Change the oil... Clean the kitchen... Mow the lawn...
Sampson (our shiba inu) convinced me that a 1 hour nap on the couch would be better.  Thanks Sammy.

With my nap complete and I feel GGGRRREEAAATTT just like Tony the Tiger, I'm off to do the oil changes that were due a month ago, then time for a bike ride before the crap weather shows up.

I guess the lawn, kitchen, etc will have to wait for another day.  Procrastination at its finest.