Sunday, October 3, 2010

Public appology to the woman at Anytime Fitness

I belong to a gym in Btown called Anytime Fitness.  If you aren’t familiar with it, basically it is a fully equipped fitness facility that may or may not be staffed at the front desk.  They give you a RFID key tag that allows you entry to the building “anytime” hence the name.
So sometime I go there at odd hours like early on a weekend morning or late at night.  They have an upper parking lot and a back parking lot.  Pretty much everyone parks in the upper lot in front of the building.

I don’t mind working out alone, I really don’t do anything too dangerous or risky and I like the peace and quiet.   There is this odd thing that keeps happening though…  I pull in to the building, there are no cars out front.  I look through the window and there are no cars out back.  So I figure I have the whole place to myself.  I’ll tell you why this is important.

1.)    I like to point all the fans at myself
2.)    I like to do circuit training which could use most of the weight machines at the same time
3.)    Running on a treadmill gives me gas

Ok so that 3rd one is a little revealing, but I’m sure I’m not the only one that gets gas, so no big deal.


So here’s the story.  I’m in the gym; it’s early on a Sunday morning.  No cars in the parking lot.  I’m on the treadmill.  I figure it’s pretty safe to let one rip.  So I do.


I look up from my treadmill mounted TV screen and who walks up the stairs but some old lady!  Awww crap, and she’s walking right through my cloud of doom!  There is no one else to blame it on!   What was I supposed to do now?

So I just said good morning and pretended like nothing happened.  Sorry lady, I didn’t know you were there.